Join the Momentum VBC Family!
Tentative 2020 Girls Tryout Schedule – July 6-11, 2020
All Sessions from 6-8:30pm
Monday 7/6 – 14s
Tuesday 7/7 – 15s
Wednesday 7/8 – 11s, 12s, 13s
Thursday 7/9 – 17s and 18s
Friday 7/10 – 16s
Saturday 7/11 – Make-ups / “2nd Look”
- 8:00am – 9:30am 11s, 12s, 13s
- 10:00am – 11:30am 14s
- 12:00pm – 1:30pm 15s
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm 16s
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm 17s, 18s
Price: $55 in advance / $60 at the door / $45 for Saturday makeups. Tryouts are non-refundable and will not be credited towards other camps or clinics. Online registration will close 2 hours before tryouts begin, walk-ins are still welcome!
Tryout Prep: Sunday July 5, 2020. Mark your calendars for Tryout Prep! Ever wonder what you need to do, need to say, need to show or bring? At Tryout Prep you will have 2 hours dedicated to showing you the ropes at Tryouts. Momentum will give you the scoop on the new tryout process, the critical information you need and the skills our coaches will be looking for in the gym. Open to any and all athletes looking for that leg up! Limited space will be available, more details coming soon.
First Timers Tryout Prep: June 29, 2020. First Timers Night is designed for players who have never played on a club volleyball team before. Are you ready to graduate from Mizuno Prep League? Looking for more competition? This evening will explain the differences between rec and club, what to expect and answer any questions you may have about making the club into a competitive club team.
Signing Day: July 12, 2020. Players will not be allowed to sign a contract before the 12th of July at 10 am. This will allow players to try out at multiple clubs, communicate with the clubs’ staff, and, most importantly, select the club that is the right fit for them!
We will continue to communicate more information on 2020 Tryouts, Tryout Prep, and Open Gyms as the current situation allows. Be sure to follow along at our social media outlets below to stay up to date!
The tryout process can be new, stressful, uncertain, confusing and exciting! Here’s how to break down that barrier and make sure you are in a great place for your journey in volleyball and in life.
- Momentum Volleyball Club is a unique place. The typical Momentum athlete is not only focused on improving their volleyball skills but is prepared to attack life with balance in every facet. With our top-notch coaching staff, our Elite Speed Sports Performance staff and our Recruiting Advisor, we are here to build the ultimate athlete that will strive for their potential as an individual AND athlete.
- Get in the gym! The best way to become a part of Momentum is to get on the court via open gyms, lessons, clinics, camps or with Elite Speed. Introduce yourself to our Club Director and our team of coaches. The more we see you around, the more we are able to get to know you leading up to Tryouts.
- Block off Tryout Dates and keep July open. We cannot stress this enough! Each year we have players and families missing these crucial dates. Our competitive club and region rules put July in the forefront to set up the long club season. Tryouts are held each year in July for the November through June Club Volleyball season. Our Club teams travel across the State and Country to compete for a chance to go to the USAV Junior National Championships in July. If club and your volleyball future is a priority, you should be here during these times.
- Do your research! Clubs turnover every year with new spots open every season. Momentum has experienced growth in all of its teams and continues to enjoy success in each age division.
We want to get to know you and we want you to get to know us! We want to work with you, see you play with our existing athletes, give you an opportunity to understand what Momentum is about, and most importantly give you an opportunity to provide the Momentum coaches as much information about YOU as possible. Our athletes train hard, they play hard, and they have fun!
Each team will have no more than 12 players on a team (11 Roster & 1 Practice Player). Teams practice 3 times a week (typically M/W/Sa or T/Th/Sa) from the first week of November to the first week of May. In addition to practices, players will get 2 hours of Elite Speed Sports Performance training each week night (M/W or Tu/Tr), before or after their practice time.
Approved 7/23/18 RMR Junior Forum and Ratified by the RMR Board of Directors 8/24/18.
Recruitment: Any contact with a prospective coach and/or player, initiated by a club director, coach, parent, player or any other person representing a club, with the intent to commit the prospective coach and/or player to the represented club. When in contact with a prospective coach and/or player, coaches and club directors will refrain from any negative or derogatory remarks concerning other clubs and/or their staff.
Recruitment Period (Players): The recruitment period for all Junior Players, begins the day after the last day of competition of the Girls Junior National Volleyball Championships and will continue until one of the following occurs:
- If the individual has signed a contract after 10 am on the 3rd Friday in July with a junior club for the following season; OR
- When the club submits its roster to the RMR, the deadline is Monday before Thanksgiving of the new season; OR
- When the club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- Recruitment Period (Staff/Coaches/Parents): The recruitment period begins the Tuesday after the RMR Zelinkoff Bid Tournament or the day after the last day of competition of the Girls/Boys Junior National Championships in which the coach is competing, whichever comes last and will continue until one of the following occurs:
- If the individual has signed a contract with a junior club for the following season; or:
- When a club submits paperwork by the stated deadline of Monday before Thanksgiving of the following season; or:
- The date on which a club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- Non-Recruitment Period (Player): The non-recruitment period for all Junior Players begins on the earlier of the following:
- After the 3rd Friday of July when a player signs a contract; OR
- The Monday before Thanksgiving of the following season when a club submits the roster to the RMR office; OR
- The date on which a club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- The Non-Recruitment period ends the day after the last date of competition of the Girls/Boys Junior National
- Champions which is usually in July.
- Coaches, players, parents/guardians or club directors shall not initiate contact with players who are not affiliated with their club during the non-recruitment period.
- Non-Recruitment Period (Staff/Coaches/Parents): The non-recruitment period begins when one of the following occurs, and will continue until the Tuesday after the RMR Zelinkoff Bid Tournament or the day after the last day of competition of the Girls/Boys Junior National Championships in which the coach is competing, whichever comes last
- The Tuesday after the Zelinkoff Bid Tournament when a coach signs a contract with a club for the following season; OR
- The Monday before Thanksgiving for the following season when a club submits a roster to the RMR; OR
- When a club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- Coaches, players, parents/guardians or club directors shall not initiate contact with staff, coaches or parents who are not affiliated with their club during the non-recruitment period.
No Electronic Contact List: A Player who has informed the RMR Office in writing that she/he does not want to be contacted by electronic means (telephone, text, email, electronic networking, etc.) by any club for the purpose of recruitment will be placed on the list. Coaches and club directors will respect the decision of these individuals on this list and will not contact them via electronic devices. Regular letter information can still be sent to these individuals. The No Electronic Contact List will be posted on RMR website.
For FULL Recruiting Policy please visit the RMR Website.