Join Our Family!
Come join the Momentum Family!
The tryout process can be new, stressful, uncertain, confusing, exciting and a little bit of yikes! Here’s how to break down that barrier and make sure you are in a great place for your journey in volleyball and life.
- Momentum is a unique place. The typical Momentum athlete is not only focused on improving their volleyball skills, but is prepared to attack life with balance in every facet. With our top notch coaching staff, our Elite Speed Sports Performance staff, our PERC Sports Psychologists, our Recruiting Advisor, and our Four Athletes partnership, we are here to build the ultimate athlete that will strive for their potential as an individual AND athlete. Join us and become a COMPLETE athlete!
- Get in the gym! The best way to become a part of Momentum is to get on the court via open gyms, lessons, clinics, camps or in with Elite Speed to meet our coaches and players. Introduce yourself to our club director, coaching director and the coaches. The more you are familiar with us, the better the connection will be when the tryout process starts in July.
- Block off Tryout Dates and keep July open. Each year we have players and families missing these crucial dates. Our competitive club and region rules puts July in the forefront to set up the long club season. Like in life, there are sacrifices you have to make. If club and your volleyball future is a priority, you should be here during these times. If life gives you a chance meeting with the President or a science camp at MIT… We get that too. Balance and priorities, even for a young adult!
- Do your research! Clubs turnover every year with new spots open every season. At Momentum, we look to promote our own players while finding other athletes in the region crushing it on their own. We know with our players in the program and new additions, we can be competitive each year.
Momentum has experienced growth in all of its teams and continues to enjoy success in each age division. All of our teams have improved and climbed in the rankings in each of their divisions. Our athlete’s train hard, they play hard, and they have fun!
We want to get to know you and we want you to get to know us. We want to work with you, see you play with our existing athletes, give you an opportunity to understand what Momentum is about, and most importantly give you an opportunity to provide the Momentum coaches as much information about YOU as possible.
Tryouts are non-refundable and will not be credited towards other camps or clinics. Online registration will close 2 hours before tryouts begin, walk-ins are still welcome!
Tryout Schedule: July 8-18, 2019, times TBD
Price: $50.00 (If attending multiple tryouts, only first tryout fee is required)
Signing Day: July 19, 2019
- The signing period is new for the 2019-20 year. Players will not be allowed to sign a contract before the 19th of July at 10am. This will allow players to tryout at multiple clubs, communicate with the clubs’ staff, and, most importantly, select the club that is the right fit for them!
Our Tryout Prep is the ideal start to a busy and chaotic 2 weeks. Ever wonder what you need to do, need to say, need to show or bring? Here you will have 2 hours dedicated to showing you the ropes and how to make an impression on your tryout days. Momentum will be able to give you the scoop on the new tryout process, the critical information you need and the skills coaches will be looking for while you’re in their gym. Open to any and all athletes looking for that leg up! Sign up HERE!
Participants: Any Athlete – Cap will be at 50 kids per age group
Prep Price: $50/Athlete
Schedule: Sunday, July 7th, 2019
- 12:00 – 2:00 – 11s-13s
- 2:00 – 4:00 – 14s-15s
- 4:00 – 6:00 – 16s-18s
***MUST HAVE BIRTH CERTIFICATE, CURRENT RMR MEMBERSHIP, MOMENTUM TRYOUT OFFER PACKET (INCLUDING MEDICAL RELEASE) TO TRYOUT***
Approved 7/23/18 RMR Junior Forum and Ratified by the RMR Board of Directors 8/24/18.
Recruitment: Any contact with a prospective coach and/or player, initiated by a club director, coach, parent, player or any other person representing a club, with the intent to commit the prospective coach and/or player to the represented club. When in contact with a prospective coach and/or player, coaches and club directors will refrain from any negative or derogatory remarks concerning other clubs and/or their staff.
Recruitment Period (Players): The recruitment period for all Junior Players, begins the day after the last day of competition of the Girls Junior National Volleyball Championships and will continue until one of the following occurs:
- If the individual has signed a contract after 10 am on the 3rd Friday in July with a junior club for the following season; OR
- When the club submits its roster to the RMR, the deadline is Monday before Thanksgiving of the new season; OR
- When the club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- Recruitment Period (Staff/Coaches/Parents): The recruitment period begins the Tuesday after the RMR Zelinkoff Bid Tournament or the day after the last day of competition of the Girls/Boys Junior National Championships in which the coach is competing, whichever comes last and will continue until one of the following occurs:
- If the individual has signed a contract with a junior club for the following season; or:
- When a club submits paperwork by the stated deadline of Monday before Thanksgiving of the following season; or:
- The date on which a club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- Non-Recruitment Period (Player): The non-recruitment period for all Junior Players begins on the earlier of the following:
- After the 3rd Friday of July when a player signs a contract; OR
- The Monday before Thanksgiving of the following season when a club submits the roster to the RMR office; OR
- The date on which a club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- The Non-Recruitment period ends the day after the last date of competition of the Girls/Boys Junior National
- Champions which is usually in July.
- Coaches, players, parents/guardians or club directors shall not initiate contact with players who are not affiliated with their club during the non-recruitment period.
- Non-Recruitment Period (Staff/Coaches/Parents): The non-recruitment period begins when one of the following occurs, and will continue until the Tuesday after the RMR Zelinkoff Bid Tournament or the day after the last day of competition of the Girls/Boys Junior National Championships in which the coach is competing, whichever comes last
- The Tuesday after the Zelinkoff Bid Tournament when a coach signs a contract with a club for the following season; OR
- The Monday before Thanksgiving for the following season when a club submits a roster to the RMR; OR
- When a club submits a roster to the RMR Office.
- Coaches, players, parents/guardians or club directors shall not initiate contact with staff, coaches or parents who are not affiliated with their club during the non-recruitment period.
No Electronic Contact List: A Player who has informed the RMR Office in writing that she/he does not want to be contacted by electronic means (telephone, text, email, electronic networking, etc.) by any club for the purpose of recruitment will be placed on the list. Coaches and club directors will respect the decision of these individuals on this list and will not contact them via electronic devices. Regular letter information can still be sent to these individuals. The No Electronic Contact List will be posted on RMR website.
Contract Signing Policy for 2019 – 2020 Girls Division Only
Approved 8/24/18 RMR Junior Forum and Ratified by the RMR Board of Directors 8/28/18. The time period from the day after the Girls JNC up until 10am MST on the 3rd Friday in July as a tryout period for clubs. Clubs can hold tryouts after the 3rd Friday in July if they choose to. Note: an offer given by a club to a player from another club, by any means of communication (email, verbal, text, etc) will not be considered a binding offer. Only written contracts sent from the club to the prospective player starting at 10am MST on the 3rd Friday in July will be considered binding, once signed and counter signed.
No written contracts or request for deposits can be requested of a player until 10 am MST on the 3rd Friday in July. Clubs can accept written contracts after 10am MST on the 3rd Friday of July, these contracts will be considered binding, once signed and counter signed. Verbal commitments to own club players can be made after the ZBT. Verbal commitments to club members not affiliated with your club may be made the day after the final date of competition of the Girls Junior National Championships. Note: verbal commitments are not binding, but they will allow players to know that a contract will be offered.
For FULL Recruiting Policy please visit the RMR Website!